A quick and easy dinner party pleaser. You can't beat melted Camembert! We recommend pairing this with the London Foodie's flavourful Gammon roasted with brown sugar and English mustard. This delicious dish was served at our Martell Supper Club, hosted by the London Foodie at his London home to celebrate our 300th anniversary.
Serves 4 as a starter
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 15–20 mins
- 250g unpasteurised camembert in wooden box
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, sliced lengthways
- 1-2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 ripe pear cut into 4-6 long wedges (skin on)
- 100g green leaf and herb salad
- A little vinaigrette dressing - olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper
- French baguette
1. Remove the paper wrapper from camembert, return the cheese to its own wooden box. Make various scores over the top of the cheese, chop a few leaves of rosemary and mix with 1 crushed clove of garlic, spread this mixture over the top of the cheese, drizzle some honey over it, replace the wooden lid.
2. Pre-heat oven to 200C, bake camembert for 15 to 20 minutes maximum.
3. Bake French baguette for 10 minutes in a hot oven or if already baked, cut into thin slices.
4. While the camembert is baking, cut 4-6 long wedges from the pear, place in a bowl. Prepare the vinaigrette dressing, season salad and slice French baguette.
5. Serve each camembert with a bowl a dressed salad, a basket of sliced bread, and another bowl with the pear wedges.
For more recipes from the London Foodie, visit http://www.thelondonfoodie.co.uk/