Bathed in sweet onions and salty anchovies, this gorgeous tart hails from Nice in Southern France and can be served hot or cold. This delicious dish was served at our Martell Supper Club, hosted by the London Foodie at his London home to celebrate our 300th anniversary.
Serves 8-10 as a canape, 6 as a starter
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 60g black olives, pitted
- 500g butter puff pastry
- 6-8 onions
- Olive oil
- Fleur de sel
- 60-90g tinned anchovies in oil (3 small tins)
- 50g sun dried black olives
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Peel, slice and soften onions in olive oil on a very low heat, season lightly with fleur de sel.
3. Pick off rosemary leaves, process them with the pitted black olives. Scatter this mixture over the pastry.
4. Roll the pastry into a rectangle, cover the pastry with softened onions.
5. Arrange the anchovies in a criss-cross pattern, then the sun-dried olives inside each diamond.
6. Bake in the oven for 20mins, serve hot or cold.
For more recipes from the London Foodie, visit http://www.thelondonfoodie.co.uk/