Serves 4 as a starter
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 15–20 mins
- 250g unpasteurised camembert in wooden box
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, sliced lengthways
- 1-2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 ripe pear cut into 4-6 long wedges (skin on)
- 100g green leaf and herb salad
- A little vinaigrette dressing - olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper
- French baguette
1. Remove the paper wrapper from camembert, return the cheese to its own wooden box. Make various scores over the top of the cheese, chop a few leaves of rosemary and mix with 1 crushed clove of garlic, spread this mixture over the top of the cheese, drizzle some honey over it, replace the wooden lid.
2. Pre-heat oven to 200C, bake camembert for 15 to 20 minutes maximum.
3. Bake French baguette for 10 minutes in a hot oven or if already baked, cut into thin slices.
4. While the camembert is baking, cut 4-6 long wedges from the pear, place in a bowl. Prepare the vinaigrette dressing, season salad and slice French baguette.
5. Serve each camembert with a bowl a dressed salad, a basket of sliced bread, and another bowl with the pear wedges.
For more recipes from the London Foodie, visit http://www.thelondonfoodie.co.uk/