Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 300g/10½oz good beef rump
- salt and pepper
- 6 sprigs of rosemary, halved
- olive oil
- sea salt, to serve
- Chop the meat finely or pulse it in a blender, though be careful not to over-blend it – you’re looking for a coarser consistency than mince. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into 12 balls. Place on a plate, flattening the bottom a little, then push a sprig of rosemary into each ball, pressing the meat in around it.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 1–2 minutes, until the bottom is nicely caramelized but the top is still raw.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Pairing suggestion: Martell Cordon Bleu or XO