Serves 6 (about 30 canapes)
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 500g/1lb 2oz fresh salmon, skinned
- 3 tbsp very finely chopped shallot
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and very finely chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- coriander leaves or micro-herbs to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Slice the ciabatta as thinly as you can (it helps if you freeze it for an hour first). Lay on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, until toasted. Place on a wire rack and leave to cool and crisp.
2. Dice the salmon into 1cm/½in cubes and set aside. Mix the shallot, chillies, lime juice, sesame oil and soy sauce and stir through the salmon. Taste for seasoning and add a pinch of salt if necessary.
3. Spoon the salmon onto the toasts. Garnish with coriander or microherbs. Serve.
Adapted from Do-Ahead Christmas by James Ramsden (Pavilion)