– Fresh black truffles- 100g
– Squid ink- 5g
– Truffle oil- 24g
– Vegetable stock- 80g
– Grape seed oil- 60g
– Apple cider vinegar
– Ice cold filtered water- 2L
– Dried mushrooms(Preferably porcini, shiitake)
– Kombu seaweed- 40g
– Bonito flakes- 15g
– Sunchokes- 8 pieces
– Grape seed oil- 500g
– Sea bass- 4 filets
– Wild greens- 100g
1. Truffles: Blend the truffle, squid ink, vegetable stock. Emulsify oils in and strain, season with vinegar.
2. Mushroom Dashi: Bring the water, mushrooms and kombu to just below a simmer and keep at this temperature for one hour. Turn off the heat. Add the bonito flakes for 15 seconds and immediately strain. Pour in the bottom of the bowl after plating the rest of the food.
3. Sunchokes: Clean rinse and dry. Transfer to a sauce pan in a single layer, cover with oil. Boil to exact point where the oil cooks the sunchokes until tender about 20-30 mins. Transfer tender chokes to a dry hot pan and flatten to crisp up on both sides. Season with Ghetto Gastro steasoning.
4. Sea Bass: Season the fish on the flesh side with a liberal amount of Ghetto Gastro steasoning and flaky sea salt. In a hot pan, add oil and sear the fish on the skin side until crispy and golden. Control the heat and reduce to medium making sure not to burn the fish but to cook through thoroughly.
Please do not tick this box if the device is shared with minors.
@2019 Martell. All rights reserved.
Please drink responsibly.