- 5 large potatoes
- 40 cl milk
- 40 cl cream
- 1⁄2 tsp agar-agar
- 1 bunch watercress
- 50 g caviar chervil thin slices of dried rye bread
- Cook the potatoes in the cream and milk.
- When cooked, blend.
- Add the agar-agar and heat through again.
- Pour a small ladleful into each dish and leave to set in a cold place. Cook the watercress in boiling water and then blend.
- Drain in a sieve lined with kitchen paper.
- Cut the thin slices of dried rye bread into small matchsticks.
- Scatter small clusters of caviar then watercress purée over the dish. Arrange the chervil and rye bread matchsticks on top just before serving.